Applies to: Insights and Premium Members
Parent app: iOS or Android
Article type: Advanced options
Turn User Tracking On or Off
As a Parent, you have the option to stop tracking the data captured to report your Child's online activity at Home and outside of School.
On a Parent's phone or tablet:
After you sign in to Family Zone Connect as a Parent
- In Settings, tap Reports & Usage
- Tap Track child usage
- Tap next to your Child's name
Blue - tracking is on
Gray - tracking is off
Your changes are automatically saved. You can use the back arrow or tap on Family to close the screen.
The User Tracking is permanently off until a Parent turns it back on.
Parents can turn off any of the following features on a personal device that is not managed by a School:
- Device Location - the previous 5 days of locations where your Child's Android or iOS Devices were connected to a network
- Device Monitoring - the Connect app can be temporarily disabled on your Child's Android or iOS Devices
- User Tracking - the reporting data captured in Red Alerts, Recent Activity, Snapshots, and Usage for all devices including your Child's computer and Android or iOS Devices