Applies to: Insights and Premium Members. Child's App on Android phones and tablets
Article type: Recommended steps
Turning On Location Tracking
Location tracking is typically turned on as part of the install steps on the Child's Android device. Use these steps if you skipped location tracking or turned it off on your Child's phone.
On your Child's Android phone or tablet:
- Open the Family Zone app
- At the top-right, tap the gear icon
- Enter your Parent PIN
- In the open Settings screen, tap to turn on Track location
Android 10 and 11 Location Settings
Additional Steps for Android version 10 (2019) and newer:
After tapping Enable Location, Family Zone will display an Enable device location pop-up.
- Tap OPEN SETTINGS
- In App Info, tap Permissions
- In App permissions, tap Location
In Location permission, tap Allow all the time
- At the top-left, click the back arrow 4 times until you return to the Family Zone app
You are done activating the Location Tracking. As a Parent, you will be able to see the last known location of the Child's Android phone or tablet from your Family Zone app or the Web portal.