Excludes: School owned or managed Chromebooks
Removing Connect from your family's Macs is a straightforward process with two major steps:
- Deactivate monitoring of the device
- Uninstall Connect
- Open Connect on your device and sign in as a Parent
- In Settings, tap Devices
- Tap on the Chromebook
- Tap DEACTIVATE
- At the Deactivate confirmation window, tap CONTINUE
This turns off Family Zone, but remembers the Device if you reinstall Family Zone
- Tap Remove device
- At the Remove Chromebook confirmation windows, tap REMOVE
Family Zone will erase the Chromebook data from the Devices
You can close the Family Zone app.
Uninstall the Chrome Extension
On your Child's Chromebook:
- In the Chrome browser, click the small puzzle icon
- Click Manage extensions
- At Family Zone, tap Remove
- At the Remove Family Zone confirmation window, tap Remove
- Close the browser window
Power off and restart the Chromebook to clear currently open activity
You are done if you are keeping this Chromebook. If this Chromebook is going to another Family or is going to be recycled, we recommend you take the optional steps below.
(Optional) Factory Reset of a Chromebook
Google provides tools to clear all of your Child's data off of the Chromebook.
Sign out of the ChromeOS in your Google Account or your Child's Google Account to remove your ownership data.
Erase all data and go back to a Factory Reset with the Google Powerwash function.
My issue still isn’t resolved, what do I do next?
We are here to help. Sign in to your Connect App as a Parent. Go to Settings > Support center
If you don't have the Connect App
- Get into a live chat from our website www.familyzone.com
- Request a call back or send us a message
From Australia and New Zealand
From the United States
Have details available to help us troubleshoot your problem:
- Account email
- Child’s name
- Devices impacted
- Time of the issue
- Description of the issue