Applies to: Insights Members, Premium Members
Why can’t I see expected activity in Usage?
This could be because:
- No Data:
If there is no activity on your account you won't get a report. Ensure you have one of Family Zone’s protection apps installed and activated on a device.
- No Tracking:
You may have switched tracking off for your Children
Our services typically only capture usage of a particular internet address for a particular User once during a time period. For example, if your child accesses facebook.com during Play time, we’ll record this once and apply your rules during that time period. We will check again when their time period changes eg to Study Time or Sleep Time.
Check Family Details
- On your Child's device, open Chrome, Safari or a web browser and go to the diagnostic page
- Open a browser on the device and go to a website that your Child is unlikely to have gone to
- Check to make sure that tracking is turned on for your Child
Turn User Tracking On or Off in the iOS App
Turn User Tracking On or Off in the Android App
- Verify your Child's Birthdate and Age Profile
Change a Child's Details
Change Your Child's Age Profile
I know my child is looking at apps like Instagram but I can’t see any usage
Many social media, streaming media, and gaming applications use IP addresses (126.96.36.199) rather than URLs (www.cats.com) in order to speed up the accessing of the data. By default, we hide these from view in Usage in order to simplify what you are looking at.
- View usage as you normally would however when looking at the details of the usage, select the option to Show all traffic
How to Check a Child's Usage in the iOS App?
How to Check a Child's Usage in the Android app?
My child’s being blocked from stuff that they should have access to
There are a number of reasons why your child may be being blocked. This could include:
- Access Time period:
Your child may be in a restricted time period such as Sleep Time or School Time.
- School Managed Access:
Your child’s policies may be being managed by the School at that time.
- Category Error:
Possibly our systems have assigned the wrong Website Category.
- Restrictive policy:
Possibly your default Control settings are too or more restrictive than you’d like.
- Mixed content:
Possibly the site contains content that is adult and therefore blocks it completely.
- Check any devices that your children are using to make sure they are being filtered
How to Customize the Filtering Rules in the iOS App? (Premium Only)
How to Customize Filters in the Android App? (Premium Only)
- Make updates to the Internet filtering rules to block the category for the website your child is accessing
How to Check the Category of a Website in the iOS App? (Insights and Premium Members)
How to Check the Category of a Website in the Android App? (Insights and Premium Members)
- Add a custom rule for the website they are accessing
How to Change a Custom Rule for a Website in the iOS App? (Premium only)
How to Change a Custom Rule for a Website in the Android App? (Premium only)