Applies to: Insights and Premium Members
I’ve sent an invite to another parent but they are not getting it
- The other Parent may find the Shared Parenting invitation in the Spam, Other, and Promotions folders in their email system
- The Primary Parent can send the email again
How to Resend a Shared Parenting Invitation in the iOS App?
How to Resend a Shared Parenting Invitation in the Android App?
I’m trying to share parenting and it’s telling me “Invitation could not be sent”
- To invite another person to become a Shared Parent, they need to have signed up for their own Family Zone Insights or Premium account.
Ask the other Parent for the email address they signed up with and use this email. Our system verifies their account exists before the Primary Parent can send the invitation.
How to Add a Shared Parent in the iOS App?
How to Add a Shared Parent in the Android App?
I’ve accepted a shared parenting request and my Child appears twice
Users will not be merged. Use the two users to manage your home devices differently from the devices that travel with your Child to the other Parent's home.
Devices Located at the Other Parent's Home
You have tablets or devices that do not leave your home.
- Change the name of the account for the Devices you control. For example, add the word "Home" to the User with Devices you control.
Change a Child's Details
Devices Traveling Between Homes
Your Child has a device, like a phone, that goes with them to both houses.
- Before the Child goes to the Primary Parent's house, the other Parent removes the Device from their account by logging into their Family Zone account.
How to Change a Device Owner in the iOS App?
How to Change a Device Owner in the Android App?
- The other Parent must turn off the monitoring on the Child's device.
Open the Family Zone app on your Child's device
How to Temporarily Turn Off Filtering on a Child's iOS Device?
How to Temporarily Turn Off Filtering a Child's Android?
- The Primary Parent signs into the Child's Family Zone app with their email and password
- Both the Primary Parent and the other will be able to monitor their Child's device when the Child comes into their home. Parents use the Family Zone app on their iOS or Android phone or tablet to take control of their Child's Device
How to Change the Shared Parent Monitoring a Child in the iOS App?
How to Change the Shared Parent Monitoring a Child in the Android App?
My issue still isn’t resolved, what do I do next?
We are here to help. Sign in to your Connect App as a Parent. Go to Settings > Support center
If you don't have the Connect App
- Get into a live chat from our website www.familyzone.com
- Request a call back or send us a message
From Australia and New Zealand
From the United States
Have details available to help us troubleshoot your problem:
- Account email
- Child’s name
- Devices impacted
- Time of the issue
- Description of the issue