Applies to: Insights and Premium Members linked to Schools in Australia and New Zealand
Parent app: Apple iOS or Android
I can't add or remove the link to my Child's School
The link to your Child's School varies by School and location.
- Existing Family Zone members with a Child in an Australian or New Zealand School:
Use a web browser to access the Portal on a computer, phone or tablet to add or remove links to schools.
Opt-in to the School Community in the iOS app
Opt-in to the School Community in the Android App
- I skipped the invitation to link to my Child's School web history.
Or, I was an existing customer before my Child's School offered the web history.
Contact your School IT with the email address you use in Family Zone, your Child's name, and birthday. Your School manages the account linking the School data to Family Zone.
My Child's internet is blocked at school
In Australia and New Zealand, Parents add their Child's School as a Safe Network. The Connect App hands filtering over to your Child's School when they are connected to the School's network.
My Child is linked to a School but my School can't see my account
Family Zone members in Australia and New Zealand can reset their link from a web browser on a computer, phone or tablet.
- Unlink and then link your child to the school again
Add or Remove a School in the iOS App
Add or Remove a School in the Android App
- Opt-in to the School's Community
Opt-in to a School Community in the iOS app
Opt-in to a School Community in the Android App
Parents with a Child at a School in Australia or New Zealand may not find the School's safe network in the search.
Family Zone and Schools
Schools choose from different services when offering to link a Child's Family Zone devices to the School.
- MDM (US and ANZ Mobile Device Management)
Parents can see web activity outside of school, but cannot change the School's filtering rules on the device.
- Available in the US and Australia and New Zealand
- Schools manage the Child's device at all times (may be referred to as "24x7")
- Parents can receive Family Zone alerts and reports for activity outside of School
- School Community (US)
Parents can review internet activity for time during School and outside of School.
- Available in the US
- The School gives Parents the Community link
- The School offers to share the web history from School
- The School manages filtering during School
- Parents can manage the monitoring for the web activity outside of School
- School Community (Australia and New Zealand)
Parents can only see online activity outside of School and get the School's cyber safety advice.
- Available in Australia and New Zealand
- The School hosts its own online cyber safety hub
- Some Schools also share the school calendar and host special cyber safety events
- Family Zone automatically switches on monitoring when the Child is outside of School
- School Safe Network (Australia and New Zealand)
Parents allow the School's network to manage filtering so the Child can use the device at School.
- Available for many schools in Australia and New Zealand
- Parents search for the School's Safe Network by name
- Family Zone automatically transfers filtering to the School when the Child connects to the School's network
My issue still isn’t resolved, what do I do next?
We are here to help. Sign in to your Connect App as a Parent. Go to Settings > Support center
If you don't have the Connect App
- Get into a live chat from our website www.familyzone.com
- Request a call back or send us a message
From Australia and New Zealand
From the United States
Have details available to help us troubleshoot your problem:
- Account email
- Child’s name
- Devices impacted
- Time of the issue
- Description of the issue