Applies to: Premium Members
I’ve completed a Time Change but my Child's device did not change
When you change your Child's access time to Play, Study, School or Sleep time, the change can take between 30 seconds and 2 minutes to sync through the internet with your Child's devices.
Check their device has access to the internet
- On your Child's device, open a browser (Safari or Chrome)
- Go to the Family Zone website at https://www.familyzone.com/
- If the website does not load, check the WiFi or Mobile Data settings
If our website loads, continue to the next step
On your iOS or Android phone or tablet, log into the Family Zone app as a Parent.
- Check which Family member is the Device Owner and change it, if required
See or Change a Device Owner
- Check the Routine times for Play, School, Study or Sleep. Turn on Play or Study for a short time, if your Child is in School or Sleep time.
Turn On or Approve a Time Change
- If only a specific app or website won't load, temporarily sign in as a Parent and try the app or website
Temporarily Turn Off Filtering
- If it is a website you approve of, check the website rating to decide if you want to allow access to it
This tool helps you know if websites are a front for adware, malware, malicious activity or adult content
Check a Website Rating
- Change the Internet filters & rules for your Child if you approve of the content
Customize Filtering Rules
The time didn't end when the timer ran out and my Child still has access
Quick Time Changes should return to the regularly scheduled Routine when the countdown runs out. Your Child's device may take 30 seconds to 2 minutes to sync with the regular Routine Access.
On your iOS or Android phone or tablet, sign in to the Family Zone app as a Parent.
- Manually end the Quick Time Change
Turn On or Off a Time Change
- If the device is in Sleep access
On your Child's phone, go to https://familyzone.com
If the Family Zone website loads, restart their device to close any open connections
If the Family Zone website does not load, restart their device and continue to the next step
- If another Routine is listed under your Child's name on their device, check the regularly scheduled Routine. Change the School day or Rest day (weekend and holiday) times, if required.
Change a Calendar Day or Daily Routine
- On your Child's device, open a web browser (Safari or Chrome)
Go to our diagnostics page http://www.home.tools/
If the home.tools diagnostics report the Device is Filtered, check the Device Owner and change it if required
See or Change a Device Owner
My issue still isn’t resolved, what do I do next?
We are here to help. Sign in to your Connect App as a Parent. Go to Settings > Support center
If you don't have the Connect App
- Get into a live chat from our website www.familyzone.com
- Request a call back or send us a message
From Australia and New Zealand
From the United States
Have details available to help us troubleshoot your problem:
- Account email
- Child’s name
- Devices impacted
- Time of the issue
- Description of the issue