Applies to: Insights Members, Premium Members using Apple iOS and Android phones and tablets
How do I fix my Child's Location settings?
You will need to access your Child's device to fix the settings
Make sure Location tracking is turned on
- How to Turn On Location Tracking on Android Devices?
- How to Turn On Location Tracking on iOS Devices?
If your Child uses an older version of Android, see the Location settings instructions:
- Android 9 (2018) or 10 (2019), see https://www.bestusefultips.com/how-to-change-location-settings-android-9-pie/
- Android 8 (2017), see https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/3118687
If your Child uses an older version of Apple iOS, see the Location settings instructions:
- iOS 13 (2019), iOS 12 (2018), see https://support.apple.com/en-gb/guide/iphone/iph3dd5f9be/ios
Sign out of the Parent account
- How to Temporarily Turn Off Filtering a Child's Android?
- How to Temporarily Turn Off Filtering a Child's iOS Device?
I can't see the current location of my Child’s device
Family Zone displays the last known location of your Child's device. If you do not have access to your Child's device, issues with the phone or tablet stop it from sending the current location.
- Switched off
Your Child's device is switched off or out of power
- No internet
The device may not have access to the internet
The Location data is sometimes delayed on mobile networks
- Network is filtered by your Child's School
Location data is not sent while on the School's network
- In Australia and New Zealand, your Child's device has been set up to connect to a Safe WiFi, like the public library
The Safe Network may block Location data as part of the security and filtering
- Not set up
The Location settings were not set up
My issue still isn’t resolved, what do I do next?
We are here to help. Sign in to your Connect App as a Parent. Go to Settings > Support center
If you don't have the Connect App
- Get into a live chat from our website www.familyzone.com
- Request a call back or send us a message
From Australia and New Zealand
From the United States
Have details available to help us troubleshoot your problem:
- Account email
- Child’s name
- Devices impacted
- Time of the issue
- Description of the issue