Applies to: Premium Members
Article type: Troubleshooting
Device Not Being Filtered Block Page
Use a web browser to find out if a Child's device is protected by Family Zone. The following steps work on Android, iOS, Windows, Mac OS, and Chromebook devices.
- On the Child's device, open a web browser (such as Chrome, Safari, Edge Chromium, Firefox)
- Go to http://www.home.tools/
- If the message "Device is not filtered" is displayed Family Zone is not protecting this device
If you are logged in as a Parent or using a Parent's device, your content is not filtered or monitored. The following troubleshooting applies to devices used by your Child.
Apple iOS Troubleshooting
Check if the VPN is connected by checking if at the top of your device there is a VPN symbol
- If the VPN symbol is not displayed, review the following guide VPN Connect on Demand
Troubleshooting VPN Connect on Demand on iOS Devices
- If the iPhone or iPad is managed by the school's Mobile Device Management (MDM) software, see
iOS Filter Only and MDM Guide
Check if the VPN is connected by checking the top of your device to ensure there is a VPN symbol
- If the VPN symbol is not present, reboot the device and then open the Mobile Zone app to check that all permissions have been granted
How to Install and Set Up the Android App?
- If your Child's phone uses or has upgraded to Android 10 or 11
How to Install a CA Certificate on Android 10 or 11?
Mac OS and Windows Computer Troubleshooting
- If you are seeing the Block Page on your Child's laptop or computer, see
Troubleshooting a Family Zone for Laptops Block Page
- If you want to allow temporary or permanent access to the content your Child is trying to access, see
How to Approve Borrow Request from a Block Page on a Child's Device
Family Zone Box Troubleshooting
The Family Zone Box is only available in Australia and New Zealand.
- If your Child's computer, mobile device, gaming console, or smart device is connected to the WiFi through the Family Zone Box, see
Setup and Registering New Devices
- If you have connected to a different WiFi network, reconnect to the Family Zone network and forget the previous WiFi network
Android phones and tablets, see Remove Saved Networks https://support.google.com/android/answer/9075847
Apple iPhones and iPads, see How to forget a Wi-Fi network https://support.apple.com/en-au/HT208941
- If you are connected to the Unfiltered WiFi Network, reconnect to the Family Zone filtered network
- If you are connected to the Guest WiFi Network, see How to Add Guests on Your Family Zone Home Network
Family Zone helps with cyber-safe internet activity across a variety of computers and devices from a centralized system. Parents don't have to set up and learn multiple pieces of software to keep a Child safe online.