Applies to: Premium Members
My child can’t access an app that they should be able to access
If your child tells you that their internet isn’t working or that they can’t access an app (on an Apple iOS or Android device) that they should be able to, this could simply be us doing what we are supposed to be doing. If we are blocking an app it’s likely to say something like “Check internet” or “Unable to refresh feed” or it could simply be a spinner and the content never loading.
- Check the device is connecting to the internet
On the child's device, use a web browser (Chrome or Safari)
Go to www.familyzone.com
If our website loads, go to the next step. If our website does not load, check your connection to WiFi or Mobile Data.
- Check to make sure the correct owner is assigned to the device
How to Change a Device Owner in the Android App?
How to Change a Device Owner in the iOS App?
- Borrow the device to an adult profile and see if you have access
How to Temporarily Turn Off Filtering a Child's Android?
How to Temporarily Turn Off Filtering on a Child's iOS Device?
- Check the internet usage for the user to see what is being blocked
How to Check a Child's Usage in the Android app?
How to Check a Child's Usage in the iOS App?
- Quick time change to another access type that may have access
How to Turn On a Quick Time Change from a Parent's Android App?
How to Turn On a Quick Time Change from a Parent's iOS App?
- Update the Internet filters & rules > Social networks and games to allow the app or allow "Other Games" or "Other Social"
How to See All the Custom Website Rules in the Android app?
How to Customize the Filtering Rules in the iOS App?
- If the blocked app offers steaming video, like Disney+ or Netflix,
see Troubleshooting Video Streaming Services
My issue still isn’t resolved, what do I do next?
We are here to help. Sign in to your Connect App as a Parent. Go to Settings > Support center
If you don't have the Connect App
- Get into a live chat from our website www.familyzone.com
- Request a call back or send us a message
From Australia and New Zealand
From the United States
Have details available to help us troubleshoot your problem:
- Account email
- Child’s name
- Devices impacted
- Time of the issue
- Description of the issue