Applies to: Premium Members in Australia and New Zealand
Parent's device: The Family Zone Box
Child's device: Apple iPhone or iPad
Connect a Child's iOS Device
Your Child may see a Block Page if they are using an iOS 14 or newer device to connect to the filtered network on your Family Zone Box. Use these steps to troubleshoot their network connection.
On your Child's iPhone or iPad:
- If you see a Browser certificate message, tap Don't remind me again
- Close the DISABLE PRIVATE MAC message
- Go to the iOS Settings > Wi-Fi
- To the right of your filtered network, tap the "i"
- At Private Address, tap the toggle until it is gray (off)
- At the "... rejoin the Wi-Fi network." message, tap Rejoin
- You will see a privacy statement when the Private Address is gray
Close the Wi-Fi settings
Each device on a network needs a MAC Address (Media Access Control address) that stays the same all the time. For details on the MAC Address settings for different devices, see
Your next steps will be to assign this Device to your Child so the filtered network can use your Child's monitoring and filtering settings.
Assign the Device to a Family Member
On your Child's iPhone or iPad:
- Open Safari or a web browser on your Child's device
- Go to the https://home.tools diagnostic page
If the Browser certificate message is displayed, tap Don't remind me again
- At the Unknown device message, tap ASSIGN DEVICE
- Enter your Parent PIN
- Enter a name for this iPhone or iPad you will recognize
- In Select a device type, tap Apple
- In Select a user, tap your Child's name
- Tap ASSIGN
You will see a Device assigned message
- In the browser, go again to http://home.tools
The Family Zone Box will display a Device is filtered message
Anytime your Child's iPhone or iPad connects to the Filtered Network on your Family Zone Box, the trusted network will recognize their device. The Family Zone Box will monitor the online content your Child accesses.
How do you use the three different networks?
The Family Zone Box has 3 types of networks for specific purposes:
- Family WiFi network - for a Child's computers, mobile devices, gaming consoles, smart TVs, and personal assistants
- Guest WiFi network - for unknown or temporary devices, such as your Child's classmates or friends visiting your home
- Unfiltered WiFi network - turns off content monitoring for Parents, printers, NAS (Network Attached Storage) hard drives , and smart home devices (like vacuums, doorbells, security systems, and appliances)
Find the name and password to your networks on your iOS or Android device. Sign into your Family Zone app as a Parent. Go to Settings > Home network > WiFi networks. Look for the Name (SSID) and show password access with the type of network you want to connect a Family Device to.
Parents can also update the Family Box networks from anywhere they have an internet connection and do not need to be home to update the Box settings.
My issue still isn’t resolved, what do I do next?
We are here to help. Sign in to your Connect App as a Parent. Go to Settings > Support center
If you don't have the Connect App
- Get into a live chat from our website www.familyzone.com
- Request a call back or send us a message
From Australia and New Zealand
From the United States
Have details available to help us troubleshoot your problem:
- Account email
- Child’s name
- Devices impacted
- Time of the issue
- Description of the issue