Applies to: Premium Members using Apple iOS devices
Child is Accessing a Blocked App
Family Zone's advantage is Parents can monitor and manage a Child's iPhone or iPad from their iOS or Android phone or tablet. A Parent doesn't need to learn how to manage different types of content filtering. The management of web content across multiple types of devices is done from the device a Parent is comfortable using.
- Check to see if your Child should be allowed access to the app from their iPhone or iPad
How to View Installed Apps in a Parent's iOS App?
How to View Installed Apps in a Parent's Android App?
- On the Child's iPhone or iPad, see if the status is "Device is filtered" by opening Safari and going to the diagnostic page
- Check to make sure your Child is assigned as the owner of the iPhone or iPad
Change a Device Owner in a Parent's iOS App
Change a Device Owner in a Parent's Android App
- Check your Child's internet usage to see what is being allowed on their iPhone or iPad
Check a Child's Usage in a Parent's iOS App
Check a Child's Usage in a Parent's Android App?
After confirming your Child's settings above are working, use these steps on your iOS or Android phone or tablet:
- Update the internet filtering rules for the user to allow the blocked app
Customize the Filtering Rules in a Parent's iOS App
Customize the Filtering Rules in a Parent's Android App
- Block the app's website and see if your Child can still access the app on their iPhone or iPad
Block a Website in a Parent's iOS App
Block a Website in a Parent's Android App
- If the new settings do not sync within 2 min of your Child's iOS device connecting to the Internet, reinstall the Family Zone app on the Child’s iPhone or iPad
Troubleshooting Reinstate Device Management on iOS Devices
My issue still isn’t resolved, what do I do next?
We are here to help. Login to your Family Zone app as a Parent. Go to Settings > Support center.
- Connect with us for a live chat from our website https://www.familyzone.com/
- Request a call back or send us a message
From Australia and New Zealand
From the United States
Have details available to help us troubleshoot your problem:
- Account email
- Child’s name
- Devices impacted
- Time of the issue
- Description of the issue