Applies to: Premium Members
My child is able to access a website with inappropriate content
Your child may be able to access questionable or inappropriate content on an otherwise legitimate website or a site may be incorrectly categorized. We are constantly reviewing our categorizations however with the fluid nature of the internet occasionally we will get it wrong. If your child is able to access content you deem inappropriate you should check the device and review your settings.
- On your Child's device, open a web browser (Chrome or Safari) and go to the diagnostic page
- If the home.tools diagnostic page shows a different Device Owner
See or Change a Device Owner
- Verify your Child is in the correct age group
Change Your Child's Age Profile
- Check the site’s web category and the rules for that category
How to Check the Category of a Website from the iOS App?
How to Check the Category of a Website from the Android App?
- Check Family Zone is correctly installed and setup
Troubleshooting Reinstate Device Management on iOS Devices
Troubleshooting Reinstate Device Management on Android Devices
Troubleshooting Reinstall Family Zone on a Mac Computer
Troubleshooting Reinstall Family Zone on a Windows Computer
Install and Setup a Child's Chromebook
If the site isn’t blocked you can
- Change the rules for that site’s web category
How to Change the Filtering Times from the iOS App?
How to Customize Filters from the Android App?
- Block the website
Customize the Filtering Rules in the iOS App
Customize the Filtering Rules in the Android App