Applies to: Premium Members
My child is being blocked from accessing a website they should have access to
If your child is complaining about being blocked on any device from a website you believe they should have access to, it may be our internet filtering doing its job. We need to check that everything is as you expect it should be.
- On your Child's device, open a web browser (Chrome or Safari) and
go to www.familyzone.com to see if your Child's device is connected to the internet
- Go to the diagnostic page to confirm they are the Device Owner and the Filtering is on
- Check to make sure the correct owner is assigned to the device
Change a Device Owner in the iOS App
Change a Device Owner in the Android App
- Borrow the device to an adult profile and see if you have access
Temporarily Turn Off Filtering on a Child's iOS Device
Temporarily Turn Off Filtering a Child's Android Device
- Check the internet usage for the user to see what is being blocked
How to Check a Child's Usage in the iOS App?
How to Check a Child's Usage in the Android App?
Once you’ve determined what might be blocking the app you can
- Change from the current access to Play or Study time
How to Turn On a Quick Time Change in a Parent's iOS App?
How Kids Can Ask for a Quick Time Change in the Android App?
- Update the internet filtering rules for the user to allow the blocked app or website
How to Customize the Filtering Rules in the iOS App?
How to Customize Filters in the Android App?
My issue still isn’t resolved, what do I do next?
We are here to help. Login to your Family Zone app as a Parent. Go to Settings > Support center.
- Connect with us for a live chat from our website https://www.familyzone.com/
- Request a call back or send us a message
From Australia and New Zealand
From the United States
Have details available to help us troubleshoot your problem:
- Account email
- Child’s name
- Devices impacted
- Time of the issue
- Description of the issue