Applies to: Premium Members
Child's devices: Windows or MacOS laptops or computers
Contact our Family Zone support staff before running the diagnostics.
To run the diagnostics page on your Child's Windows or Mac computer:
- Click on the Family Zone icon in the tray bar
Click Settings (the cog in the upper-right)
- Click Send Diagnostics to Family Zone
Wait for the diagnostics to send
- Click OK on the Diagnostics sent to support pop up
Click Done on the Family Zone Connect application
- Click on the Family Zone icon in the tray bar to close the application
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I see the diagnostics?
Click on the cog. Select Show diagnostics to see the diagnostics.
I get “Error sending Diagnostics. Please contact Family Zone Support” when submitting the diagnostics
Our support team will give you details on how to submit the diagnostics. You’ll find them in the following locations:
- MAC: Applications > FamilyZone > MobileZoneAgent > support.bundle
- Windows: C:\Program Files (x86)\FamilyZone\MobileZoneAgent > support.bundle
The Family Zone application window is asking me to log in
This means that the device you are on isn’t registered and Family Zone Connect is not currently applying any filtering.
Can I submit diagnostics for a Chromebook, iOS or Android device?
No, the laptops diagnostics feature is only for Windows and Mac devices.
Do the diagnostics automatically notify Support when I send the file?
No. After running the diagnostics, please contact our support team with the following information:
- Details of the user and the account they are connected to (School and or Parents)
- Details of the device (Type, MAC Address etc)
- Description of the problem including the expected outcome and the actual outcome
- Steps to replicate, time, screenshots and error messages
My issue still isn’t resolved, what do I do next?
We are here to help. Sign in to your Connect App as a Parent. Go to Settings > Support center
If you don't have the Connect App
- Get into a live chat from our website www.familyzone.com
- Request a call back or send us a message
From Australia and New Zealand
From the United States
Have details available to help us troubleshoot your problem:
- Account email
- Child’s name
- Devices impacted
- Time of the issue
- Description of the issue