Applies to: Insights and Premium Members
Parent's app: iOS or Android
Child's device: iOS or Android
Article type: Optional customization
Last Known Location
Parents can see the last known location of a Child's mobile device.
From the Parent's Android phone or tablet:
- In Family, tap on your Child's icon
- In LOCATION, tap on the map
- See the last known location of your Child's phone or tablet
Note how long since the phone or tablet was last connected to the internet
The Location of the phone or tablet can be different if the battery is dead, the Device is turned off or the Device is disconnected from the Internet.
- After you complete the steps above, tap Show History
- Tap the < left mark to go to an earlier date
You can review up to 1 week of previous Locations
- When more than 1 Location is shown, tap the blue marker
- Tap on zoom to see street names and landmarks
- You will see the time of day the phone first connected to the internet at that Location above the marker
At the bottom of the map, small blue marks will appear in a timeline for each time the Device connected to a new network
Multiple Phones or Tablets
Occasionally, your Child has more than one Device. This usually happens when a Parent replaces an older or lost Device. Two Devices could appear on the map on the same day. Parents can see which Devices are shown on the current day's map.
- At the top-right, tap Devices
- In TRACKED, not when the Devices were last seen
The most common scenario is only 1 phone or tablet will be listed
If you continue to see a Device you no longer own on the map, you can Remove the Device from your Family.
Parent's can see information about their Child's Android or iOS phones and tablets from the Family Zone app or the Web portal.
- Location and Recent Activity - the last known location of a mobile device and its internet activity
- Apps - a list of the apps installed on iOS and Android mobile devices
- Usage - comparison details of the amount of time spent by type of activity
- Snapshots - searchable weekly overview of family members' online activities