Applies to: Premium Members
Child's devices: Windows or Mac computers
Connect for Laptops Diagnostics
Our Family Zone Support team may ask you to run the Connect for Laptops diagnostics. We only need computer diagnostics in a few situations. Here are the steps.
Run and Submit the Diagnostics
On your Child's computer:
- Click on the Connect icon next to the clock
Windows - usually at the bottom-right of the screen
Mac -at the top-right of the screen
- Click the gear icon
- Click Show diagnostics
- Go to the bottom of the page
- In AGENT, tap SUBMIT DIAGNOSTICS TO FAMILY ZONE
Frequently Asked Questions
What does the diagnostics page show?
The diagnostics page shows details of:
- The Device Owner
- The Device Name
- The Network name
- Filtering status and filtering components
- Details about this version of Connect
- School details if this computer is linked to a School Community
I get “Error sending Diagnostics. Please contact Family Zone Support” when submitting the diagnostics
Our support team will give you details on how to submit the diagnostics. You’ll find them in the following locations:
- MAC: Applications > FamilyZone > MobileZoneAgent > support.bundle
- Windows: C:\Program Files (x86)\FamilyZone\MobileZoneAgent > support.bundle
Can you run the diagnostics remotely?
No. The diagnostics page is designed to check the status of the machine and see if you have a good network connection. We are unable to remotely connect to your computer.
Connect is asking me to log in, why?
This means that the device you are on isn’t registered and Family Zone is not currently applying any filtering.
Can I run this on a Chromebook, iOS or Android device?
No, the diagnostics are only for Windows and Mac computers.
What is next?
After you send the diagnostics, we use the information to troubleshoot your issue. We will send you an emaiil or call you with the steps to resolve the problem.
My issue still isn’t resolved, what do I do next?
We are here to help. Sign in to your Connect App as a Parent. Go to Settings > Support center
If you don't have the Connect App
- Get into a live chat from our website www.familyzone.com
- Request a call back or send us a message
From Australia and New Zealand
From the United States
Have details available to help us troubleshoot your problem:
- Account email
- Child’s name
- Devices impacted
- Time of the issue
- Description of the issue