Please note: Not applicable to US customers
Parent app: Apple iOS
Article type: Advanced options
Remove a Safe Network
Parents may want to delete the Safe Network they manually entered in the Family Settings.
From a Parent's iPhone or iPad:
- Open Safari or a web browser
- Go to https://portal.familyzone.com
- Sign in with your email and password
- Open the menu > Settings > Family Settings
- Move down to SAFE NETWORKS
- Tap Safe Networks > Other Safe Networks
The network name will be listed
(If you don't see a Safe Network, tap Schools)
- Tap the red X next to the network
After you successfully remove the Safe Network you will only see the Schools tab or no tabs
If any of your Children are linked to an Australian or New Zealand School, the school will be displayed
Family Zone will now monitor your Child's devices while they are connected to the network instead of turning off and letting the Safe Network manage the content filtering.
Safe Network Options
Parents can use the Web portal to add the names of networks with content filtering. Here are the types of Safe Network options.
Your Child's School
In Australia or New Zealand, add your Child's School. Family Zone will automatically switch to the school's cyber safety rules after connecting to the School network.
Add any other Safe Networks to your Child's account, such as filtered internet access provided by a Child's after-school care.
For the Family
Add the network names for filtered networks all of the Children in your Family, such as the library's filtered network.
Family Zone and Schools
Schools choose from different services when offering to link a Child's Family Zone devices to the School.
- MDM (US and ANZ Mobile Device Management)
Parents can see web activity outside of school, but cannot change the School's filtering rules on the device.
- Available in the US and Australia and New Zealand
- Schools manage the Child's device at all times (may be referred to as "24x7")
- Parents can receive Family Zone alerts and reports for activity outside of School
- School Community (US)
Parents can review internet activity for time during School and outside of School.
- Available in the US
- The School gives Parents the Community link
- The School offers to share the web history from School
- The School manages filtering during School
- Parents can manage the monitoring for the web activity outside of School
- School Community (Australia and New Zealand)
Parents can only see online activity outside of School and get the School's cyber safety advice.
- Available in Australia and New Zealand
- The School hosts its own online cyber safety hub
- Some Schools also share the school calendar and host special cyber safety events
- Family Zone automatically switches on monitoring when the Child is outside of School
- School Safe Network (Australia and New Zealand)
Parents allow the School's network to manage filtering so the Child can use the device at School.
- Available for many schools in Australia and New Zealand
- Parents search for the School's Safe Network by name
- Family Zone automatically transfers filtering to the School when the Child connects to the School's network