Applies to: Premium Members
Parent app: iOS or Android
Article type: Advanced options
Remove a Guest Device or Duplicate Device
Your Family Zone Box tracks the identity of all the devices connecting to your Family WiFi Network. At times, you may end up with a duplicate Device listed, because the privacy settings were on when the device connected. Other times, you had a Guest device in the home and that device will not be reconnecting to your network.
On a Parent's iOS or Android phone or tablet:
- Sign in as a Parent to the Connect App
- In Settings, tap Devices
- Move down to GUEST and tap on the listed Devices
- Tap on a Device name
- At Remove device, tap on the X
At the Remove device confirmation, tap REMOVE
- When you are done, go to the upper-left, tap the < (back arrow)
You can leave Devices in the Guest group. A stricter content filtering policy will be applied to the Device while it is connected to your Family Zone Box.
The new privacy settings on Android and iOS devices can cause duplicate devices labelled "Unknown". See the Troubleshooting to the right to allow the Family Zone Box to identify the mobile devices.
How do you use the three different networks?
The Family Zone Box has 3 types of networks for specific purposes:
- Family WiFi network - for a Child's computers, mobile devices, gaming consoles, smart TVs, and personal assistants
- Guest WiFi network - for unknown or temporary devices, such as your Child's classmates or friends visiting your home
- Unfiltered WiFi network - turns off content monitoring for Parents, printers, NAS (Network Attached Storage) hard drives , and smart home devices (like vacuums, doorbells, security systems, and appliances)
Find the name and password to your networks on your iOS or Android device. Sign into your Family Zone app as a Parent. Go to Settings > Home network > WiFi networks. Look for the Name (SSID) and show password access with the type of network you want to connect a Family Device to.
Parents can also update the Family Box networks from anywhere they have an internet connection and do not need to be home to update the Box settings.