Applies to: Insights and Premium Members
Child's device: Android phone or tablet
Article type: Advanced options
Reinstate Android Device Administrator
To reinstate device management on your Child’s Android phone or tablet:
- Open the Connect App on your Child’s device
- Tap the red banner at the top of the screen
- Tap ALLOW under Device Administrator
- Tap Activate this device administrator at the bottom right of the screen
- Tap DONE to return to the main screen of the Connect App
Frequently Asked Questions
When I open the app it doesn’t show my Child, it shows a sign in screen, what do I do?
The Parent's app needs to be installed and a Family account needs to be set up.
- Install the Connect App on a Parent's Android
- Install the Connect App on a Parent's iPhone or iPad
- Add a Child from a Parent's Connect App
Can I restore device management remotely?
No. You need to complete the steps directly on your Child's Android device.
The Settings app isn’t there on my Child’s phone, where is it?
The Android Settings icon and location vary slightly by manufacturer and can be moved around. It is usually found by holding your finger at the bottom of the screen and making a short drag upwards. The Settings usually look like a gear cog. (You may need to search for the Android manufacturer's step on your phone or tablet.)
Why doesn’t my child’s device look like that?
The look and feel of Android devices are customizable by the manufacturer meaning there are lots of variations. If you are having trouble understanding what to do in a particular Android version please contact us.
My issue still isn’t resolved, what do I do next?
We are here to help. Sign in to your Connect App as a Parent. Go to Settings > Support center
If you don't have the Connect App
- Get into a live chat from our website www.familyzone.com
- Request a call back or send us a message
From Australia and New Zealand
From the United States
Have details available to help us troubleshoot your problem:
- Account email
- Child’s name
- Devices impacted
- Time of the issue
- Description of the issue