Your Child's laptop, phone or tablet has not connected to Family Zone within the past 2 weeks.
Insights and Premium Members
- Chrome Extension
- To do in Connect App
- Connect App pop-up notification
Excludes: Devices in the home only using the filtered Family WiFi on the Family Zone Box in Australia and New Zealand
Your next steps
You cannot find your Child's phone or tablet
Phones and most tablets will be able to send the Device Location. Look at the last known Location in Recent Activity.
You cannot find your Child's laptop or Device
Laptops cannot send the Location. Phones and tablets cannot send the Location if the optional Location Tracking was turned off. Instead, look at the Snapshots and Usage to approximate where the Device might have been based on the last seen web activity.
You have your Child's Device
You have your Child's Device, but got the warning that the Device has not been seen. The Device settings may need to be reactivated or your Child may have bypassed the cyber safety.
- Restart your Child's Device to clear our any open activity
- Open a web browser (Safari or Chrome) on their Device
- Go to the http://home.tools diagnostic page
Refresh the page
The Alert will clear within 2 minutes of the the diagnostic page showing the Device is Filtered
If the diagnostic page shows the Device is not filtered, ensure User Tracking is turned on for your Child's phone or tablet
If User Tracking was turned on, reinstall Connect to restore the all the cyber safety components:
- Troubleshooting Reinstate Device Management on iOS Devices
- Troubleshooting Reinstate Device Management on Android Devices
- Troubleshooting Reinstall Connect on a macOS Computer
- Troubleshooting Reinstall Connect on a Windows Computer
- Install on a Child's Chromebook
You no longer own the Device
Remove the Device from your Family:
You want to clear the Alert from your To Dos
Ignore the current Alert in To Do to erase it forever
You want to or don't want to get email and notifications
Use these steps to change your email notifications:
You can change the notification settings on your own Android or iOS device: