Applies to: Insights Members, Premium Members
Parent's app: Apple iOS
Article type: Optional steps
Ignore Device Not Seen
We've simplified the steps for Parents getting a Device Not Seen Alert. The Mute and Ignore function have been combined into the Ignore button. A Parent has 2 options, leave the Alert in the To Do list if you'd like to be reminded later -- or to Ignore the Alert to permanently remove it from your To Do list.
From a Parent's iPhone or iPad:
- In To do, find Red Alert Device not seen for 14 days
- Identify your Child's missing Device
(Options below for how to resolve the issue)
See a Child's Device Location and use Show History to review up to 7 days of Locations
- Tap IGNORE if you want to clear the To d
Tap the back button at the top left if you want to leave the To do for later
Do not use the MUTE button
You can see the last known Location of your Child's Device by going to Recent Activity.
You will be able to view the date the Alert was sent to you for up to 4-weeks from the Snapshots.
You can remove a Device from your Family if you no longer own it or do not want to track it.
Push Notifications and Email Alerts
Discussions of cyber safe activities between family members is important. Family Zone uses notifications and emails to help Parents and Children know what online activities to talk about.
- Push Notifications on Mobile Devices
- turned on or off on a Child's or Parent's Android or iOS Settings
Examples: When turned on, a Child gets an onscreen reminder when Play time is about to run out. Or, a Parents get an onscreen message when a Child is requesting access to a website or online activity.
- Weekly Reports Emails
- turned off in the Parent's app by going to Settings > Reports & Usage
Example: Email summarizing the percentages and types of internet usage for tracked Users under 18. (Family members 18 years and older are not tracked by default.)
- To Do Notifications and Emails for Parents
- Parents cannot turn off the To Do email, but Parents can permanently ignore an Alert in the To Do section
Example: A Child's mobile phone or tablet has not been seen for 14 days and a Parent knows the device is broken. Parents open the To Do and use Ignore to permanently remove the message.
- Australia and New Zealand School Community Emails
- turned on or off in the Parent's app by going to Settings > Reports & Usage
Example: Family Zone Partner Schools can invite Parents to share the data used to manage a Child's device. Parents who accept the invitation receive a weekly report of the Child's online activity inside school.
US Schools: contact your School IT to change your email settings