Applies to: Insights and Premium Members on iPhones and iPads
Article type: Optional steps
See a Device Owner
The Device Owner determines the default level of monitoring.
On a Parent's iPhone or iPad:
- Sign in to the Family Zone app as a Parent
- In Settings, tap Devices
Devices are grouped by owner
Unassigned Devices are listed as Guest
- Optional, tap on a device in the list to see more information
- View the device owner's name
You are done.
All Parent accounts can see all of the Devices and Device Owners in Family Zone. Any Parent can change a Device Owner and Children can request to borrow a Device.
When a Child is assigned to a phone or tablet, the Family Zone recommendations for the Child's age group are used. When a Parent or Adult is assigned as a Device Owner, no monitoring is applied.
Family Zone works seamlessly between mobile devices as your Child takes the devices to and from School.
Australia and New Zealand Only
You can see devices connected to your Family Zone Box in your home.
In the example above, the Family Zone Box devices are:
- A MacBook assigned to a younger Child's monitoring profile
- An xBox One assigned to a Parent profile with no filtering
- A new device that connected to the Box with a default safe level of content monitoring until it is assigned to a Family Member