Please note: Does not apply to US Members
Parent app: Apple iOS or Android
Article type: Advanced steps
Schools in Australia and New Zealand help Parents with cyber safety through the School Community program. Your Child's School will contact Parent's with information about the School Community. In addition to your Child's School managing your Child's filtering during School hours, the School may choose to add a website hub, cyber safety presentations, and share the School Calendar through Family Zone.
From a Parent's iOS or Android phone or tablet:
- After you sign in as a Parent, go to Settings > Reports & Usage
- At School community sharing, tap the slider
Green (iOS) or blue (Android) is on
Gray is off
Your School Community helps you guide your Child to the safe use of the internet. Family Zone will monitor your Child's Devices when your Child is out of School. Your Child's School will manage your Child's access to the Internet during School hours.
Family Zone and Schools
Schools choose from different services when offering to link a Child's Family Zone devices to the School.
- MDM (US and ANZ Mobile Device Management)
Parents can see web activity outside of school, but cannot change the School's filtering rules on the device.
- Available in the US and Australia and New Zealand
- Schools manage the Child's device at all times (may be referred to as "24x7")
- Parents can receive Family Zone alerts and reports for activity outside of School
- School Community (US)
Parents can review internet activity for time during School and outside of School.
- Available in the US
- The School gives Parents the Community link
- The School offers to share the web history from School
- The School manages filtering during School
- Parents can manage the monitoring for the web activity outside of School
- School Community (Australia and New Zealand)
Parents can only see online activity outside of School and get the School's cyber safety advice.
- Available in Australia and New Zealand
- The School hosts its own online cyber safety hub
- Some Schools also share the school calendar and host special cyber safety events
- Family Zone automatically switches on monitoring when the Child is outside of School
- School Safe Network (Australia and New Zealand)
Parents allow the School's network to manage filtering so the Child can use the device at School.
- Available for many schools in Australia and New Zealand
- Parents search for the School's Safe Network by name
- Family Zone automatically transfers filtering to the School when the Child connects to the School's network