Applies to: Insights and Premium Members using an iOS device
Article type: Advanced options
Automatic Age Profiles
Parents can manually place their Child in a younger or older age group for content monitoring. A Parent may want to have the Age Profiles set to update with the School year instead of a Child's birthday. Or, a Child's age group can be manually changed by the Parent at all times.
On a Parent's iPhone or iPad:
- Open Safari or a web browser
- Go to https://portal.familyzone.com
- Sign in with your email and password
- Select the menu > Settings > Family settings
- Move down to AUTO PROFILE UPDATES
- Select one option from the dropdown list
Change automatically based on birthday - default age groups set by a Cyber Expert
Change automatically based on school - enter the start and end of the school year
I'll change profiles manually - age groups remain set until you change your Child's Age Profile
- Tap SAVE
You are done.
Close the browser. Family Zone will adjust your Child's monitoring to match the Age Profile settings you have selected.
Change automatically based on school term dates
Setting your Child's Age Profile to change with the school year can be useful, especially if your Child is younger than the other kids in the class. This will allow your Child's content access to expand as they graduate to the next age group.
If you select Change automatically based on a school term:
- In School term start month, select the most common month for a School year to start
- In School age cut-off month, select the end of the School year or the month before the next School year
- Tap SAVE
You can change the settings at any time in the future by returning to this menu in your web browser.