Applies to: Insights and Premium Members using Android phones and tablets
Article type: Fundamental steps
How to Install Family Zone for Parents
Parents use Family Zone to monitor online activity on their Child's many different devices.
The first time a Parent signs up for a new Family Zone account, there are two steps. A Parent starts by setting up Family Zone on their phone or tablet. Next, the Parent installs Family Zone on their Child's devices.
On a Parent's Android phone or tablet:
- In Google Play, find the Family Zone Parental Control app
- Open Family Zone
- Enter your email
This is used for Billing, Reports, and installing Family Zone on other devices
- Enter your details
- In the upper-right, tap Done
- Go to your email app and find the verification code
If you don't see the email from us, look in the Updates, Other or Spam folders
- Go back to the Family Zone app
Enter the 6-digit code
- Tap VERIFY MY ACCOUNT
- At Set a Parental PIN, enter 4 numbers
The PIN is used to quickly login to your Child's devices to allow access or change a Child's settings
- Tap SET PIN
- At Who will be using this device?, tap PARENT
- At Choose your plan, slide the screen to look at the subscription options
When the plan you want is displayed, tap CONTINUE
- Enter one Child's name and Date of Birth *
Optional, in the upper-right, tap + Child to add your other Children to Family Zone
* Selected schools share online history with Parents.
If you see your Child's name with a checkbox, see Connect a Child to a US School in the Android App
Your next step is to install Family Zone on your Child's devices.
Use your Parent app to access summaries and alerts about your Child's internet activity. Family Zone will send helpful explanations of the age-appropriate safety or risks of the web content that your Child is accessing. If desired, a Parent can add filtering and blocking to help protect your Child.
Already have a Family Zone Insights or Premium subscription? You can install the Parent's app on new devices or multiple devices.
- Download Family Zone from Google Play
- Enter your email and password
Tap SIGN IN
- Read and accept the legal agreements
- At Who will be using this device, tap PARENT
You are done. You can access your Child's or Children's details.
Turn On Auto-Update
Turn on Android auto-update to keep your device secure.
- In the Google Play Store, tap your name > Settings > General > Auto-update apps > Over Wi-Fi only
More information on auto-update is available from Google at https://support.google.com/googleplay/answer/113412