Applies to: Premium Members using the Parent's app on iPhones and iPads
Article type: Advanced options
Unlock a Child's Phone or Tablet
Family Zone will notify the Parent if Consequences are applied to their Child's device. After the Parent and Child have discussed why the phone or tablet was locked into Sleep time, use these steps to unlock it.
From a Parent's iPhone or iPad:
- Log into the Family Zone app as a Parent
- In To do, find the "Red alert: Device management removed"
Do NOT tap Ignore. Ignore permanently removes the Alert.
- Look in User for the Child's name and device type
- Go back to Family, tap the Child's name
Note, the Sleep Routine has been set to disconnect their device from the internet for over 10 years!
- Tap Revert now to allow the device to return to the scheduled Routine
- On the Child's device, reinstall Family Zone
Your steps may include adding the iOS Profile or the Android CA Certificate, again
See one of the following articles to reinstate Family Zone cyber safety:
Troubleshooting Restore Family Zone on Apple iOS
Troubleshooting Reinstate Device Management on Android Devices
Consequences are an advanced function. We encourage Parents to tap into our Cyber Experts' advice to help children grow to manage their own online behavior.
Feel free to browse our website or contact us through our online chat for help finding the tips you and your child can use.