Applies to: Insights and Premium Members
Parent app: Android
What is a parent versus a shared parent?
A parent in Connect is a guardian in the home who is allowed to change the monitoring settings and edit family details.
A shared parent in Connect is a guardian typically outside the parent home with a separate Family Zone account with different monitoring rules for a child's activity.
A parent or shared parent can be any guardian, such as grandparents or babysitters.
Adding or removing parent or shared parent access uses the Family menu. The first parent (primary parent) adds shared parents through the family section.
On the primary Parent's Android phone or tablet:
- Sign in as a parent in the Family Zone Connect App
- In Family, tap your child's name
- At the top-right, tap Edit
- Move down to SHARED PARENTING
- Type the other parent's email address in the box
- Tap Send an invite
- Tap Done
The other parent completes the next step to accept the Shared Parenting invitation.
Connecting the Child with the Shared Parent
The other parent receives a To do in Family Zone and an email notification of the Shared Parenting invitation. When the other parent taps on the link, they have the option to accept or reject the invitation.
Primary Parent Options
The first parent to Add or Remove the other Shared Parent becomes the primary parent who can add or remove Shared Parents in the future.
The primary parent can:
- Resend the Shared Parenting invitation to the other parent
See Resend a Shared Parenting Invitation in the Android App
- Cancel a pending Shared Parenting invitation
See Cancel a Shared Parenting Invitation in the Android App
- Transfer permanent management of the child's Shared Parenting to the other parent.
See Change the Primary Parent in the Android App