Applies to: Premium Members with Mac OS laptops and computers
How to create a new standard user account on Mac
Parents need to set up a separate Mac user account on a laptop before installing the Family Zone for Laptops application. The child's account is set up without administrator privileges.
- Click on the Apple icon in the upper left corner of your Mac's screen
- Select System Preferences from the drop-down menu
- Click on Users & Groups
- Click the lock in the lower left corner to make changes
- Type your administrator password
- Click Unlock
- Click the Add user account button (it looks like a plus, underneath the list of user accounts)
- Set the new user's account type as Standard.
- Enter a full name for the user, an account name, and password
- When you're finished, click Create User