Please note: Does not apply to US Members
Parent app: Apple iOS
Article type: Advanced options
School Safe Networks
Many Schools in Australia and New Zealand provide their network names to Family Zone. Parents search for the School by name. Once added, Family Zone automatically hands content filtering over to the School when the Child connects to the School's network.
From a Parent's iPhone or iPad:
- In Safari or a web browser, go to https://portal.familyzone.com/#myFamily
- Sign in with your Parent email and password
Or, sign in with Google or Facebook
- In Users > Family, tap the right arrow to find your Child's name
- Tap their name
- Tap Settings
- Go down to SCHOOLS
- In Select a school, enter the name of your Child's School
- Tap on the School's name
- Tap ADD SCHOOL
You are done. You can close the web browser.
When your Child connects their devices to their School's safe network, Family Zone will stop content filtering and allow the School's filtering to manage the device.
You can add multiple Schools. For example, your Child attends a club at another School. You can add the additional School when your Child needs to connect to their network.
Remove a School
Parents manage the links between their Child's Devices and the School. When a Child changes Schools, a parent removes the old School and adds the new School.
- In Safari or a web browser, go to https://portal.familyzone.com
- Find and tap on your Child's name
- Tap on Settings
- Go down to SCHOOLS
- Next to the School name, tap REMOVE
You can add the new School or close the browser if no more changes will be made.
Family Zone and Schools
Schools choose from different services when offering to link a Child's Family Zone devices to the School.
- MDM (US and ANZ Mobile Device Management)
Parents can see web activity outside of school, but cannot change the School's filtering rules on the device.
- Available in the US and Australia and New Zealand
- Schools manage the Child's device at all times (may be referred to as "24x7")
- Parents can receive Family Zone alerts and reports for activity outside of School
- School Community (US)
Parents can review internet activity for time during School and outside of School.
- Available in the US
- The School gives Parents the Community link
- The School offers to share the web history from School
- The School manages filtering during School
- Parents can manage the monitoring for the web activity outside of School
- School Community (Australia and New Zealand)
Parents can only see online activity outside of School and get the School's cyber safety advice.
- Available in Australia and New Zealand
- The School hosts its own online cyber safety hub
- Some Schools also share the school calendar and host special cyber safety events
- Family Zone automatically switches on monitoring when the Child is outside of School
- School Safe Network (Australia and New Zealand)
Parents allow the School's network to manage filtering so the Child can use the device at School.
- Available for many schools in Australia and New Zealand
- Parents search for the School's Safe Network by name
- Family Zone automatically transfers filtering to the School when the Child connects to the School's network
Safe Network Options
Parents can use the Web portal to add the names of networks with content filtering. Here are the types of Safe Network options.
Your Child's School
In Australia or New Zealand, add your Child's School. Family Zone will automatically switch to the school's cyber safety rules after connecting to the School network.
Add any other Safe Networks to your Child's account, such as filtered internet access provided by a Child's after-school care.
For the Family
Add the network names for filtered networks all of the Children in your Family, such as the library's filtered network.