Applies to: Insights and Premium Members from a Parent's Android phone or tablet
Article type: Optional customization
Parents have access to weekly overviews of the monitored activity within the family, called Snapshots. Use these reports to decide what is normal online activity for your family and watch for issues you might need to discuss with your children.
From the Parent's Android phone or tablet:
- Log into the Family Zone app
- At the bottom of the screen, select Snapshots
- In the "Last week" picklist, select Last week, 2 weeks ago or 3 weeks ago
- Move down and tap the VIEW ALL USAGE button
- In the first pick list, select Allowed traffic, Blocked traffic, or Internet Activity
- In the second pick list, select All users or a specific family member
- In the third pick list, click a time range
Data is deleted after 4 weeks. Only the previous 28 days of data can be used.
- Move down and tap the underlined options to see more details
- Premium Members can tap on the detail links to set the allow or block
Weekly Snapshots summarize the monitored Family Members. By default, adults are not monitored. The default percentages are for the Children in the family. Additionally, Parents can receive the Snapshot reports as a weekly email.
Parent's can see information about their Child's Android or iOS phones and tablets from the Family Zone app or the Web portal.
- Location and Recent Activity - the last known location of a mobile device and its internet activity
- Apps - a list of the apps installed on iOS and Android mobile devices
- Usage - comparison details of the amount of time spent by type of activity
- Snapshots - searchable weekly overview of family members' online activities