Applies to: Insights and Premium Members from a Parent's Android phone or tablet
Article type: Optional steps
From the Parent's Android phone or tablet:
After you sign in to the Family Zone Connect app:
- In Family, tap on your Child's icon
- Go down to Apps
- Tap on Apps
- Tap on an App you want to know more about
- Read the Cyber Expert Advice
Go down to Known Risks
- Tap + 10 more to read details
Your web browser will open with details.
New apps are available every day. If you find an app needs to be reviewed, tap the REQUEST REVIEW button or use our online chat. You can reach our online chat from Settings > Support centre > Chat with us online > GO.
Cyber Expert Advice
The Cyber Expert App reviews contain a range of details about the risks Parents should know, what your Child should consider when using the app, and often how to improve the privacy or cyber safety if you feel your Child can continue using the app.
After the app details open in your web browser:
- Read a summary explanation of the app
- Listen to the Cyber Expert talk about the app
- See more detailed ratings of the risks
Read what parents need to know beneath the ratings
- In What users need to know, tap the plus (+) to find issues to discuss with your Child
- In How tos, tap the plus (+) to see the settings you can change to make the app less risky if you allow your Child to continue using it
Parent's can see information about their Child's Android or iOS phones and tablets from the Family Zone app or the Web portal.
- Location and Recent Activity - the last known location of a mobile device and its internet activity
- Apps - a list of the apps installed on iOS and Android mobile devices
- Usage - comparison details of the amount of time spent by type of activity
- Snapshots - searchable weekly overview of family members' online activities