Please note: May not be available in the US
Article type: Optional steps
Parents can find the location of a child's Apple iOS or Android devices when the child's Family Zone app is set to Track Location.
From a Web Browser
To locate your child’s device through your online account:
- In a browser, go to the Web portal at https://portal.familyzone.com/
- Log in as a parent
- From the left menu, go to Insights > Location
- At the top-left of the map, click the refresh icon
- On the right side of the map, click the device name to center the map on a device
- Double-click on the map or use the + on the map
- Click the - to zoom out
- Hold and drag to move the map
Why is the location old?
The Portal displays the last known location of a phone or tablet. The location coordinates may be delayed due to the device being offline, running out of power, or recently reconnecting to mobile data or WiFi. If you think the device should be sending a different location, click the refresh button on the browser to trigger the system to look for data.
Can I see the location of the laptops?
No, you will only see the last known location of phones and tablets if the Family Zone location tracking is turned on.