Applies to: Premium Members using the iOS or Android app to manage the Family Zone Box
Article type: Optional steps
Borrow a Gaming or Media Device
Parents may sometimes want to watch an on-demand or online show that is blocked for their Child. Or, they may want to update the games on a Gaming Console, but the filter sees the online access to a game server and blocks it.
To temporarily turn off the filtering, change the Device Owner to a Parent. After you are done, switch the Device Owner back to the gaming or media device owner.
From a Parent's iOS or Android phone or tablet:
- Sign in to Family Zone as a Parent
- In Settings, tap Devices
- Tap on your gaming or media device
- In the upper-right, tap Edit
- Tap Owned by
- Tap on a Parent or user with the level of filtering you want
- In the upper-right, tap Done
- You will see the gaming or media device listed under the Parent or other Family member
When you are done using the Device, be sure to use these steps to change the Device Owner back to the filtered Family member.
Think of your phone or tablet as being like a remote control. You can change the filtering from your Android by changing the owner. Your Family Zone Box does the rest. Best of all, you don't need to be home to do this. You can remotely change the owner from the Android app through the Internet.