Please note: Not applicable to US customers
Parent app: Apple iOS
Article type: Advanced options
Safe Networks are used in Australia and New Zealand to automatically turn off Family Zone when a Child's device connects to networks that have cyber-safe content filtering.
Safe Networks are also used when an Australian or New Zealand School network is not on our list. School IT or Parents can manually add the School's network to Family Zone. Check to see if your School's network is on our list, first. See, Add or Remove a School in the iOS App (Australia and New Zealand).
From a Parent's iPhone or iPad:
- Get within range of the network
Use your WiFi settings to see the network name (may be called an SSID)
Carefully note the network name (including spaces, capitalization, numbers, and symbols)
- Open Safari or a web browser
Go to https://portal.familyzone.com
- Enter your email and password
Tap SIGN IN
- Go to the menu > Settings > Family Settings
- Move down to SAFE NETWORKS
Tap Add manually
- Enter the name exactly as it appeared
The name is case sensitive and may contain spaces, numbers, and symbols
Tap ADD SAFE NETWORK
- Verify the network by tapping Safe Networks > Other Safe Networks
The red X will delete the network if the network is incorrect. The new Safe Network will be available to all your Family's monitored devices within 2 minutes of connecting the devices to the internet.
The Safe Network is available to your whole family. All Family member's devices will recognize the Safe Network when their devices connect to the network.
Family Zone will stop monitoring your Child's devices after connecting to a Safe Network. When their devices disconnect from the Safe Network, Family Zone monitoring will turn back on.
Family Zone and Schools
Schools choose from different services when offering to link a Child's Family Zone devices to the School.
- MDM (US and ANZ Mobile Device Management)
Parents can see web activity outside of school, but cannot change the School's filtering rules on the device.
- Available in the US and Australia and New Zealand
- Schools manage the Child's device at all times (may be referred to as "24x7")
- Parents can receive Family Zone alerts and reports for activity outside of School
- School Community (US)
Parents can review internet activity for time during School and outside of School.
- Available in the US
- The School gives Parents the Community link
- The School offers to share the web history from School
- The School manages filtering during School
- Parents can manage the monitoring for the web activity outside of School
- School Community (Australia and New Zealand)
Parents can only see online activity outside of School and get the School's cyber safety advice.
- Available in Australia and New Zealand
- The School hosts its own online cyber safety hub
- Some Schools also share the school calendar and host special cyber safety events
- Family Zone automatically switches on monitoring when the Child is outside of School
- School Safe Network (Australia and New Zealand)
Parents allow the School's network to manage filtering so the Child can use the device at School.
- Available for many schools in Australia and New Zealand
- Parents search for the School's Safe Network by name
- Family Zone automatically transfers filtering to the School when the Child connects to the School's network
Safe Network Options
Parents can use the Web portal to add the names of networks with content filtering. Here are the types of Safe Network options.
Your Child's School
In Australia or New Zealand, add your Child's School. Family Zone will automatically switch to the school's cyber safety rules after connecting to the School network.
Add any other Safe Networks to your Child's account, such as filtered internet access provided by a Child's after-school care.
For the Family
Add the network names for filtered networks all of the Children in your Family, such as the library's filtered network.