Applies to: Premium Members using the iOS or Android app to manage the Family Zone Box
Article type: Optional steps
Filtering Game Consoles and Media Devices
Parents can use the Family Zone Box to set the time of day gaming consoles and media devices can connect to the internet. The content on many of these devices can also be filtered.
From a Parent's iOS or Android phone or tablet:
Create a Special User
Set up an account only for the gaming or media device. This device can have access settings for the whole family (using the Calendar, Routine, Internet filters & rules).
- In Family, tap + Child
- In First name and Last Name, type a name to describe the purpose of the device
- Tap in Date of birth
Recommended, tap the year and set the year of your youngest Child
The default content monitoring will be set to this age group
Connect to the Filtered Network
- Sign into the Family Zone app as a Parent
- In Settings, tap Home network
- In WiFi Networks, go to the Filtered Network
Tap Show to see the password
- In the gaming console or media device,
follow the manufacturer's steps to connect to the Filtered Network
After connecting to the Family Zone Filtered network continue to the next step
- In Settings, tap Devices
Common Gaming Consoles and Media Devices
- Connect your xBox Console to the Internet (Microsoft)
- Connect your PlayStation Console
- Nintendo Switch
- Apple TV
- Roku Streaming Device
- Google Chromecast Device
Set the Game Console User
- In Settings > Devices > GUEST, tap the device
- Tap Unknown Device
- Tap in Device name
Type a name you will recognize
- Tap Owned by
Select the games user you created
- If Device type is Other, tap and select Gaming
- In the upper-right, tap Done to save
Verify the Device
- In the upper-left, tap the back arrow a couple of times
- Guest devices should display No devices
Tap the back arrow again
- Devices should now display a gaming console or media device under the user you set up
When a game console or media device tries to connect to content that cannot be analysed by the filter, the Family Zone Box stops the content from displaying.
You can customize the days of the week and the regular access times for this device separately from your Child's settings.
- Change Your Child's Daily Routine in the Android App
- Change a School Day to a Rest Day in the Android App
Please note, your Child will be able to play games that do not need internet access. Games installed on the console or that run off a disc may still be played. When the Box switches the device into Sleep time, the video, game or music will stop loading or report no internet connection.
The Family Zone Box will block updates from game servers when the user for the game console is in a young age group or the game console is in Sleep time. A Parent needs to borrow the game console to allow updates. Borrowing the console has benefits. It gives Parents a reason to review the installed games and games running on a disc!
How do you use the three different networks?
The Family Zone Box has 3 types of networks for specific purposes:
- Family WiFi network - for a Child's computers, mobile devices, gaming consoles, smart TVs, and personal assistants
- Guest WiFi network - for unknown or temporary devices, such as your Child's classmates or friends visiting your home
- Unfiltered WiFi network - turns off content monitoring for Parents, printers, NAS (Network Attached Storage) hard drives , and smart home devices (like vacuums, doorbells, security systems, and appliances)
Find the name and password to your networks on your iOS or Android device. Sign into your Family Zone app as a Parent. Go to Settings > Home network > WiFi networks. Look for the Name (SSID) and show password access with the type of network you want to connect a Family Device to.
Parents can also update the Family Box networks from anywhere they have an internet connection and do not need to be home to update the Box settings.