Applies to: Insights and Premium Members
Parent's app: iOS or Android
Article type: Optional steps
Add a New User to the Family
As an Insights or Premium Member, you can add a Child to the Family at any time through the Connect App. For example, your nephew is staying with your Family for a couple of weeks and you want to monitor his online activity along with the other kids.
On a Parent's phone or tablet:
- Go to Family
- At the top-right, tap + Child
- Add your Child's First name and Last name
- Tap in Date of birth
- At the top-left of the calendar, tap on the year
- Tap your Child's birth year
- In the month, tap the arrows < >
Tap on your Child's birthdate
- From the bottom of the screen, select the day, month, and year
- Insights Members go to the top-right, and tap Done
Premium Members continue to SETTINGS to set up Device Borrowing and Sleep Time
Device Borrowing (Premium)
Premium Members can use a PIN when two or more Family members share access to the same device. The cyber safety filtering and access times adjust to the Age Profile of the Family member using the device.
- Tap Allow device borrowing using PIN
- Type in a 4-digit number
The PIN window closes automatically
If you ever forget the PIN you set for your Child, you will be able to edit their Family user account and see their PIN.
Sleep Time (Premium)
Premium Members have the option to set a daily Routine to include a Sleep time when the internet access is turned off on all Devices the Child uses.
- Tap Usual sleep time
- At the time pop-up, move to the lower-left
Tap the keyboard
- Type in a bedtime
- The Sleep Time is displayed
At the top-right, tap Done
Your Child's name and icon will be displayed on the Family screen.
You add Devices to your Child's user profile by installing Family Zone on the Devices. During the install process, you assign the Device to your Child and the Device is added. You will be able to see the Device in your Parent app as soon as the installation on your Child's phone, tablet or computer is finished.